ZZ Jams offers a unique class for children with special needs and varying abilities. This class will explore the world of dance, while encouraging each specific child’s needs. Compassion, respect and love is what you’ll find in this class. The class will focus on all types of movement with a concentration on hip hop. All of our ZZ Jams students will be encouraged to perform in our showcases, but it is not required to take the class.
Miss Sammy has been certified to teach Rhythm Works Integrative Dance which is a clinically based hip hop dance program. It utilizes kinesiology, sensory processing and behavioral analysis. It provides an outlet to integrate kids with individual learning and physical differences into dance classes. The class will be adapted for each student and is appropriate for boys and girls ages 3 through teen.
Be a part of the THIRD dance season! Classes begin September 12, 2022. Registration will open on Wednesday, July 13th at 6:30 PM! We have limited our class sizes for next year, so they will fill up fast!
To determine the right class for you, calculate your dancer’s age as of September 30, 2022. If your desired class is full, please continue to register for it and join the waitlist. We encourage you to register for a second option to ensure you reserve a spot, but we will do our best to move you into your first choice class.
- Any clothing child is comfortable moving in.
- Shoes: sneakers or appropriate shoes for individual dancer
- 30 minute class that runs from September 12 through June 4
- Benefits: Gross/fine motor skills, socialization, receptive and expressive language and so much more!
- What to expect?
- Exercises to work on fine/gross motor skills
- Work on body control and awareness
- Memory and recall
- Social skills, strength, flexibility, focus, motor planning
- Fun, friends, kindness and socialization
- Choreographed dance and performance
- Program includes participation in our 3 ZZ performing events - ZZ Watch Week, ZZ Annual Recital & ZZ Gives if you choose